Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Summer in November



I made TONS of stuff in the months that I've been unable to post. However I never bothered to take any pics because I couldn't upload them into my computer anyways.
See, my internet started crashing.... then it just wouldn't load AT ALL. I was busy working on a project for a friend that made me unable to take my computer in for repairs because I needed it for my scrapbooking program.
Finally I was able to hand it over to the professionals...... 4 days later it was returned to me IN WORSE CONDITION!! The laptop guy had added a second profile that he claimed would allow me to use the internet. I didn't. It still crashed constantly. And even if it did work, all my bookmarks and favourites list was in my OTHER profile. I NEED those lists. Also, the "professional" had somehow managed to screw up all my programs and files so NOTHING was working.
Oh how I wanted to start using my daughter's laptop. So easy.....just move a bunch of my stuff over to hers. But I held strong. I figured my computer had gotten a bad virus and I didn't want to risk spreading the infection to hers.
Instead I used hers for Google. Endless Googling what could have gone wrong with my laptop and ways to fix it. A lot of trial and error but mine is now running PERFECTLY. Internet is smooth and all programs are perfect. (and I've deleted the pointless secondary user profile)
Ok rant over.
I know that I should be showing a Christmas card if I wanna fit in, hopefully soon since I just finished one, but this is a "HELLO" card with a bit of a summery feel.



For these challenges:
Deep Ocean Challenge - PASTEL COLOURS
Papertake Weekly - FREE FOR ALL
Party Time Tuesdays - ANYTHING GOES
Through the Craft Room Door - ANYTHING GOES
Tuesday Alchemy - ANYTHING GOES
Joanna Sheen Challenge - ANYTHING GOES BUT NO CHRISTMAS
Pile It On - ANYTHING GOES BUT NO CHRISTMAS
The Squirrel and the Fox - ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Stamps - ANYTHING GOES

Thanks,
Farrah

11 comments:

JanR said...

Nice to "see" you again! Omg, if I had the problems you had with your computer, I'd freak. I'd be lost without my internet, and a complete grumpy bear (or that other word that starts with a "b") too.

Beautiful card. So soft and pretty and cas. I love it.

Jill said...

Hi Farrah, sounds as if you have had an internet nightmare!! Glad to have you back!

Can't believe it's so close to Christmas, hope the Christmas preparations are going well your way, think I have nearly done! Take care. Jill x

downrightcrafty said...

what a beautiful creation thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sandra said...

Clean, simple and straight to the point. I love your design, thanks for sharing it with us at TTCRD. :)S

Manu said...

WOW Farrah, I like this project.
I like it a lot.
Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge Blog.
Big hugs.
Manu

Shea said...

What a sweet, cute and, as you said, somewhat summery card. Love the scattered bling and the pieced flower. And glad your computer is back up and running. Isn't it amazing how much we depend on our computers nowadays? Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. Love the design and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Chris said...

I love your cheery card with its soft colors, flowers and bling.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

Sharon Caudle said...

Actually our challenge this week was a sketch. :) Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, Farrah! I love the glittery accent strip on the side, and the way you've placed the gems in the corresponding colors to highlight your sweet flowers. The overall look is perfect...so sweet. If you get a chance, I hope you will come by Word Art Wednesday and play along with us. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, and this week we have TWO awesome prizes. I really hope you will stop by to play along and share your beautiful cards. I really enjoyed browsing, and hope to see you soon!
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Juls said...

beuatiful!! love the details hugs Juls