Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thanks Teacher.



HUGE apologies for the large gap between posts! There were a couple of reasons for my absence.
1. Finally the nice weather is here and I've been spending my afternoons outside, rather than inside on my computer.
2. I often feel irritated with my photography skills and can't stand the pics of my cards! It's really annoying to make a card that I'm happy about and ruin it in a click of a camera :)
   I've worked out a new location and lighting for my photographing and I think it helps but the left side of all my pics are still looking blurry. I can see a small hair in the lens and believe that is the cause but it's INSIDE the glass and have no idea how I would ever get it out!

I'm done acting like a cry-baby. Whining more than my 6 year olds :)  Other than that everything else is great! I've begun geocaching, which I've grown to LOVE and the kids really enjoy it too. There are tons of walking trails around here and we've found some great, inventive caches.

This is a card I made to thank a teacher.

For these challenges :
Through the Craftroom Door. - ANYTHING GOES
Card Mania - SPOTS AND STRIPES
Cards in Envy - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
Kaboodle Doodles - STRIPES OR CIRCLES
613 Avenue Create - ANYTHING GOES
Challenge 4 Everybody - ANYTHING GOES
Creative Inspirations Paint - ANYTHING GOES
Eclectic Ellapu - ANYTHING GOES
Glitter N Sparkle - BRIGHT FUNKY COLOURS

Thanks for looking,
Farrah

12 comments:

Vili M. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

Vili

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorably cute card! Love your paper pieced background! As for the first photo, I see the blurry or bokeh on the right side and that would be because your card is sitting at a sharp angle so that the front is in focus but the part farther away from you is blurry. Photographers seek that in some pics to blur out the background or to make the subject stand out. If you turn your card and have most of it on the same "plane" it should all be in better focus. As for the hair in the lens, maybe someone at a camera shop could clean it for you? I know it is frustrating to work so hard on a project and the photo does not show it. But your card is fabulous and I want to thank you for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy. Maybe you didn't want help regarding your pic but I couldn't help myself as you posted it bothered you so please forgive me if this is too much of a comment. :)
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Beautiful project. Thank you for sharing with us Eclectics this week. Hope to see you in future challenges
Elaine aka Ellapu

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

I love the way you pieced paper together to create your background. Really pretty card - I bet the teacher loved it! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Kimberly S said...

Such a sweet thank you card for a teacher! Thank you for joining us for the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge. Hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

Zingaro Skoolie said...

Great card! So bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing with CIE

ddazzled71 said...

What a fabulously fun, bright and cheerful card. Just perfect for a Teacher Thank You! Thanks so much for joining the fun this fortnight at cards in Envy!
Danie xx

The Gov. said...

Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

valou250809 said...

Beautiful! thanks for playing with "Eclectic E." this week. Good luck.

Roxann said...

Wow! Fabulous card! So much to look at. thanks for sharing at TTCRD!

KalySto said...

Lovely card! Such an interesting design! Thank you for joining us in Card Mania Challenge and Good Luck

12 said...

Оборудование и оргтехники для офиса, мини-типографий | Диагностика и ремонт офисной оргтехники

Многофункциональные устройства МФУ

Плоттеры

Резаки

Степлеры

Послепечатное оборудование

Расходные материалы

Каталог товаров оргтехники для офиса и типографии - МФУ, Плоттер, Резаки, Степлеры, Послепечатное оборудование.