Saturday, March 5, 2011

CYDA Guest Design Project.

I'm not really sure when I started blogging, I guess it would have been about a year ago. One of the first challenge blogs that inspired me to join this online world was Magical Crafts. I would look forward to seeing the DT's work every other week. Well Magical Crafts is gone now but most of the DT combined forces and created Craft Your Days Away and now here I am being a Guest Designer for a challenge!! I couldn't be more thrilled!!
The challenge is BLACK AND WHITE!!
A fun theme but oh so difficult for me. Those of you familiar with my posts know I don't work well without colour and lots of it but I actually like what I came up with this time. I made a little gift box.

The Simply Thanks stamp is a freebie I got from Stampin' Up. I had ordered an embossing folder from them but it took so long to come in (on backorder) that when I finally got it they added this stamp at no charge. Totally worth it. And the tree silhouette is a Cricut cut. I know it looks like a stamp in the pics but it's not.

So please play along with your black and white creations at Craft Your Days Away. This challenge runs for 2 weeks. There will be 1 randomly chosen winner, A Top 3, and the next GDT spot all up for grabs!!
On an unrelated note.... I made a card the other night that was likely to be the most disgusting card EVER created by ANYONE. It was so bad it was shocking! I didn't take any pics cus if I showed it to you, you'd have nightmares.

Also for these challenges -
4 Crafty Chicks. STITCHING.
The Rubber Cafe. STITCHING.
Creative Craft. THANK YOU.

Thanks for stopping by,
Farrah

11 comments:

Karen Howard said...

This is really pretty! Love the all the details you added. Hugs, Karen

Sandra P said...

LOL...Show me! Show me!
Love the gift box though :)

You have redeemed yourself ;P

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous.xxx

Juls said...

wow I just love this!!! so so stylish!!! Hugs Juls

Stella said...

And your gift bow turned out gorgeous. I love your use of colors but you're also great with black and white did you know that? :) This is elegant; a gorgeous gift to receive. I know I would be thrilled :)!!

Dazie said...

Truly a gorgeous card and I love it! Thanks for GDTing for us over at craft your days away! I am pretty sure there will be lots of followers inspired by your work!

Dazie
x

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is this card? We love it, so striking.

Rainbow studio's
Rachel and Angela

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the black and white!

Thanks so much for joining last weeks sewing challenge at The Rubber Cafe. I hope you'll join us again for this weeks challenge to use your favorite die.

XOXO
Kristine

Nikbee said...

A fantastic project. Thank you for joining us at Creative craft.

Nikki x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous gift box - so striking. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges
Bev X

Amanda said...

This gift bag is stunning - love the stitching detail.

Amanda