Monday, August 8, 2011

Castle Jewelery Box.

In June I went to Chapters for an end of year gift for my daughter's teacher. Because I had my boys with me I had to let them play around in the kids section. This, however, doesn't bore me at all. I love ALL books and could spend hours even browsing through the children's ones. In a book filled with girlie crafts I came across a jewelery box made in the shape of a castle. Amazing. It used recycled Kleenex boxes and paper towel rolls. I switched up the design of it and used patterned papers and made this.



I wanted it to be bold and bright so that it would be appealing to a young girl but I think it would look good with a vintage style too.

There are lots of places for rings, and bracelets, and necklaces.



This is the view from the back.



Finally, a sweet/funny pic of the kids that I took this weekend. Adam has a very nice natural smile but put him infront of a camera and this is what you get.



For these challenges -
City Crafter. HOME SWEET HOME. I've been so busy that I haven't played in a while. I'm glad I made it in time.
Sir Stamp Alot. ANYTHING GOES.
Thanks,
Farrah

13 comments:

Rebekah said...

cute! what a great idea

Jill said...

Oh Farrah what cute kids!

Just love that jewelry box its gorgeous! Every little girls dream! Jill x

Stella said...

Farrah I am drooling over this!!!!!
You really have outdone yourzslef and I am so happy that you were able to play along again at CCCB! I thought I saw the winner already but now this; I change my votes and I think you win.
This castle is every little grils'dream. A nust have :) WOW WOW WOW!

Thank you so so much for your herartfelt comment about my FIL. I am so sorry to hear you lost your FIL recently..Thinking of you......And I think I will "hop over" to "talk" in one of the upcoming weeks.
XX

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a sweet creation, and those cuties are as adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

What an amazing creation.. Your rocked this challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

WOW! So FABULOUS! Thank you so much for sharing your talent at CCCB!

Claire said...

Fabulous creation hun - any little girl would just love this! Great piccie of the kids too - he's a proper cheeky chap isn't he LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Ros said...

I don't know what is sweeter ... the castle or your gorgeous children ... What an incredible creation ... Love it! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

jacirascrap said...

Adorei seu castelo!! Seus filhos devem ter amado ao verem esse seu lindo castelo!! Muito doce e criativo!

Lynne K said...

Wow! Fantastic creation! Lovely choice of colours and papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot this month, and good luck.

Lynne x

pinky said...

Wow some little girl is going to be so happy with this. Its just gorgeous. Thanks for entering our challenge at Sir Stampalot this month:) Hugs
Pinky

Sally H said...

Just fabulous! A little girl's dream! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Tracy said...

Fabulous design and a wonderful Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x